Hire the best people in 2019 for your dental practice hire staff for dental practice.
What do these symbols mean that are printed for each contact with the 'e', 'w', 'ee', 'ww' and 's' commands?The symbol printed after the peer-to-peer protocol version with the 'ee' and 'ww' commands are connectivity flags:
%': SSL-encrypted direct connection with contact established.
- '&': direct connection with contact established.
- '|': direct connection with contact failed.
- ':': direct connection with contact is tried to establish.
- '.': direct connection with contact closed.
- '^': no direct connection, but IP address and port number known.
- ' ': no direct connection possible.
- '+': alias entry, only with 'ww'
- '#': temporary contact (i.e. UIN was mentioned, but not added to contact list), only with 'w' and 'ww'
- '*': intimate: sees you when invisible
- '-': hide: doesn't see you at any time
- '^': ignore this contact
Why do messages to and from some contacts are noted with '«««' and '»»»', while for some others '<<<' and '>>>' are used?The style of those indicates the transport mechanism used. '<<<' and '>>>' are non-acknowledged messages through the server, '«<<' and '>>»' are acknowledged messages through the server, '«««' and '»»»' are acknowledged messages via a direct connection, and finally '»%»' and '«%«' acknowledged messages via an SSL-encrypted direct connection.
The initial contact list download is not saved.
Workaround: explicitly import contact list with 'contact import' and 'save'.
The first contact import may lead to a disconnect.
Workaround: 'save', then log in again with 'login', until the complete contact list is imported.
Sending a message of several thousand bytes will cause an abort.
Workaround: Split your message into smaller parts.
I tried to accept an incoming file request, and mICQ aborted with this error message: Assertion failed: (list), function PeerFileIncAccept, file peer_file.c, line 158. Abort trap (core dumped)Make sure that each icq8 connection in your micqrc is followed by a peer connection like this:
type icq8 auto
type peer auto